- Connect the Prisma LUT box to the LightSpace PC via an ethernet network (using a standard router is the best approach), and start LightSpace CMS.
- Navigate to File/Upload, and select the Prisma option from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window.
- Using the 'IP Address' windows enter the required information to connect to the Prisma box using 'prisma-XXXX' as the IP address, where XXXX is shown on the bottom of the unit.
(The Prisma can be also connected to directly with an ethernet cable (no router), and will obtain a network address automatically using DHCP, or if there is no DHCP server available will use a 169.x.x.x self-assigned address.)
Note: if you have problems using the 'prisma-XXXX' address to connect to the unit locate the assigned 169.x.x.x IP address via your router control interface and use that IP address.
- If there is no LUT active with LightSpace the NULL Cube option will be ticked and greyed-out, but is operational.
(As no other LUT is available the ONLY option is the NULL Cube)
- To make sure no LUT is already active with the Prisma LUT box select 'Upload', with the NULL Cube box ticked.
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option select the desired patch size to use for profiling.
- Close the 'Upload' menu.
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
To activate the internal Patch Generator within the Prisma LUT box navigate to the desired LightSpace CMS profiling mode - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate within LightSpace (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the internal patch generator within the Prisma LUT Box will mimic the colour displayed within LightSpace, using the patch size pre-set via the 'Upload' window.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, with the Prisma LUT box displaying the required patches.
Note: If patch generation is not seen on the display to be profiled check there is a valid HDMI input signal going into the Prisma.
After profiling a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal, and with the LUT held within LightSpace navigate back to the 'Upload' menu, and with the 'NULL Cube' tick box un-ticked, the present LUT displayed within LightSpace can be 'Uploaded' into the Prisma LUT box.
In this way, many different LUTs can be held within LightSpace CMS and quickly and easily uploaded into the Prisma LUT box as needed.
Black/White Level Re-scaling
With some signal configurations the black level can be lifted, and/or the peak white level reduced - this is due to incorrect EDID data communication between the signal source, the Prisma LUT box and display.
If such issues are seen the LUT will need to be re-scaled using 'Edit/LUT Manipulation/Prepend/1023->64-940'.
Remember to make a re-scaling Bypass LUT prior to profiling, or the patch values will not be correct.