- Before connecting to LightSpace ensure the Postium OSD settings are configured to match the required image signal path workflow
(For example, TV legal or Data range)
- Connect the Postium display to the LightSpace PC via USB connection, as well as a direct video connection (HDMI/DVI/SDI, etc), and start LightSpace CMS
- From within LightSpace CMS navigate to File/Upload, and select the Postium option from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window.
- When connected, the Postium monitor type will be displayed in the Monitor ID window.
- If there is no LUT active with LightSpace the NULL Cube option will be ticked and greyed-out, but is operational.
(As no other LUT is available the ONLY option is the NULL Cube)
- To make sure no LUT is already active with the Postium display select 'Upload', with the NULL Cube box ticked.
(The slot into which the Null Cube is loaded is defined by the associated drop-down menu)
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option turn on the required patch size option.
(Depending on the Postium model, only Full patch sizes may be available)
- Close the 'Upload' menu.
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
Profiling & Calibration
To activate the internal Patch Generator within the Postium display navigate to the desired LightSpace CMS profiling mode - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate within LightSpace (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the internal patch generator within the Postium display will mimic the colour displayed, using the patch size pre-set via the 'Upload' window.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, with the Postium monitor displaying the required patches.
After profiling a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal within LightSpace CMS. With the LUT still held within LightSpace navigate back to the 'Upload' menu, and un-tick the 'NULL Cube' tick box, enabling the present LUT displayed within LightSpace to be 'Uploaded' directly into the Postium display.
The location to upload the 3D LUT to is selected via LUT slot drop-down menu.
In this way, many different LUTs can be held within LightSpace CMS and uploaded into the Postium display as needed, for accurate calibration to different colour space standards.