As the pioneer ASUS display, the PA32UCX is presently the only display in the ASUS range with accessible 3D LUT capability, and and therefore is the only ASUS display that can be calibrated via LightSpace CMS.
No other ASUS display presently has 3D LUT based calibration capability, and therefore has no LightSpace integration.
The ASUS PA32UCX display can be calibrated using LightSpace CMS via a LUT upload, as well as being profiled via an internal external patch generator.
- Connect the ASUS display to the LightSpace laptop via a USB connection, as well as a direct video connection with valid signal, and start LightSpace
- Navigate to File/Upload, and select the ASUS option from the 'Select the device type' drop-down window.
(No monitor ID is shown in the Upload menu when connected)
- If there is no LUT active with LightSpace the NULL Cube option will be ticked and greyed-out, but is operational.
(As no other LUT is available the ONLY option is the NULL Cube)
- Using the 'User' option select the desired display preset to use - USER-1 SDR, USER-2 SDR, or USER-1 HDR, USER-2 HDR.
(Selecting an HDR option will force the display into High Brightness mode - 1400 nits)
- To make sure no LUT is already active with the display, and to re-set all other internal display calibration settings, select 'Upload', with the NULL Cube box ticked.
(To clear all the LUT Slots, the NULL Cube will need to be uploaded to all slots individually)
- Using the 'Calibration Patches' option select the Full desired patch size, as it is the only option.
- Close the 'Upload' menu.
The Upload menu is located under 'File/Upload'.
To activate the internal Patch Generator within the ASUS display navigate to the desired profiling mode - Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation.
When the patch window is activate within LightSpace (the LightSpace CMS internal floating patch window has been made active by clicking the small colour display box when using Quick Profiling or Manual Measure modes) the internal patch generator within the ASUS display will mimic the colour displayed within LightSpace.
Profiling can then be performed as normal, using the probe connected to LightSpace, and with the ASUS displaying the required patches on the display screen.
After profiling a Calibration LUT can be generated as normal. With the LUT held within LightSpace navigate back to the 'Upload' menu, and with the 'NULL Cube' tick box un-ticked, the present LUT displayed within LightSpace can be 'Uploaded' to the ASUS display. The location to upload to is selected via the User option, as described above.